We are hiring for short-term positions for the 2018 Youth Homeless Count in Metro Vancouver
On behalf of the Homelessness Partnering Strategy Metro Vancouver Community Entity, BC Non-Profit Housing Association will implement the 2018 Youth Homeless Count in Metro Vancouver in partnership with local youth-serving agencies, schools, community homeless tables, shelters, government agencies and other partners. Planning is underway for the Count to be implemented between April 4 – April 12, 2018.
BCNPHA is looking to hire seven short-term youth Count coordinators on contract for the position of ‘Area Coordinator’ for the 2018 Youth Homeless Count. Specifically, we are looking to hire coordinators for (1) Surrey, White Rock, (2) Langley, Ridge Meadows, (3) North Shore, (4) Vancouver DTES, (5) Vancouver Rest, (6) Burnaby, New Westminster, and (7) Richmond, Delta.
The main responsibilities of an Area Coordinator include:
- Identify all service agencies (public/non-profit) and schools where surveying and/or data collection with unique identifiers will take place
- Communicate with and manage participation of staff of these agencies in the Count
- Oversee training logistics (incl. location and food if applicable) for individual agencies, or/and support implementation of one central training in your community (training itself run by BCNPHA)
- Assign agency and school staff to central training / undertake trainings directly with agencies where necessary
- Support agency survey package preparation at BCNPHA head office
- Count week implementation: including providing surveys to local service providers and schools participating in the Count and monitoring and troubleshooting during the Count period as needed; organize a minimum of one dedicated event to undertake surveys with youth via partnered service agenc(ies);
- Pick up filled-in surveys and deliver to BCNPHA
- Provide structured feedback to BCNPHA, including participating in a evaluation survey
The skills and experience we are looking for include:
- Very familiar and able to work with: residents, agencies serving youth who are homeless, as well as, school boards, and municipal staff within the community
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Excel and Word, plus able and willing to learn new software if needed
- Independent time management and very strong communication, interpersonal/customer service skills
- Experience with previous homeless Counts and work experience in the homeless-serving sector considered an asset
Depending on the population and geographic size of the area, the coordinator will be asked to work between 120 – 240hrs @$25/hour. The coordinator must be able to attend multiple local meetings between January and April 2018 and a minimum of two meetings with BCNPHA in the city of Vancouver.
The due date for applications is November 30, 2017 at 12PM PST. Please submit your resume and three applicable references.
Must be able to attend multiple local meetings between January and April 2018 and a minimum of two meetings with BCNPHA in the city of Vancouver.
Please contact Erika Sagert at email@example.com or at 778.945.2167 to receive more details and to apply!