What can businesses do?
- Educate yourself and your employees about the causes of homelessness.
- Develop employment programs that benefit people who are homeless or at-risk of becoming homeless.
- Look at procurement policies – shift your purchasing to support social enterprises that are serving homeless people.
- Arrange a visit to a local organization serving people who are homeless and ask how you can help support the work they are doing.
- Make it easy for your employees to volunteer with programs in your community.
- Use your influence – become a champion – talk to people in your networks about solutions to homelessness.
- Donate to local organizations that are making a difference.
Printable Fact Sheet: What businesses can do to help solve homelessness.