What can I do?
- Learn about the causes of homelessness.
- Support local projects that provide homes for people who need them.
- Write a letter to the elected officials that represent your area. Personal letters that describe how homelessness affects you and your community are generally more effective than form letters. Letters to federal MPs can be sent free of charge.
- Be respectful and courteous to homeless people.
- Volunteer your time and skills – contact local organizations and ask how you can help.
- Donate funds to local organizations that are making a difference.
- Donate items to Gather and Give, an organization that works with more than 50 front-line agencies to collect and distribute blankets, sleeping bags, pillows, sheets, kitchenware, towels, socks, underwear, coats, jackets, gloves, toques and scarves.
- Talk to your family, friends and colleagues about the solutions for homelessness.
- Give to the Metro Vancouver Food Bank
- Learn about the Regional Homelessness Plan
Printable Fact Sheet: What you can do to help solve homelessness.